Amending Forms W-2 and 941 Live Training Online
On Demand Webinar Credits CPE, HR Certification Institute, NASBA, SHRM, APA (CPP/FPC ( In Partnership With Lorman Business Center, LLC) Payroll Training
September 22 at 1:00 - 2:00 pm EST
Avoid errors and costly penalties on incorrect tax forms by collecting the pertinent information needed for Forms W-2 and 941 and learn how to amend them.
No one wants to have to amend tax forms but no matter how many precautions you take to avoid it, there will always be a time that you will need to do an amendment. This material will teach you how to collect the information needed to complete W-2 corrections as well as file the amended 941 forms and any additional state and local tax filings. The content will discuss specific types of errors found on Form W-2 and provide guidance on how to make the necessary corrections. The topic will provide information on amending both current year and prior year corrections. Failure to properly amend corrected forms and payroll tax filings may result in additional tax, penalties and interest. This topic will help payroll departments avoid penalties and time-consuming responses to follow up questions from the IRS and other taxing jurisdictions.
- You will be able to determine when an amendment needs to be filed.
- You will be able to recognize which fields to complete for the amendments.
- You will be able to identify what other amendment forms need to be filed.
- You will be able to review your documentation to properly file your amendments.
- Statute of Limitations on Corrections
- Timing to Provide Corrections to Employees/SSA
- Correct Forms to Use
- Form W-2c or Corrected Form W-2
- Adjustments to Form 941 and Form 940
- Timing to Send out Corrections and Reports
- Employee Name Corrections
- Employee Address Corrections
- Multiple W-2 Forms Corrections
- Box 12 Entry Corrections
- Form 941 - Underpayments
- Form 941 - Overpayments
- Form 940 - Corrections
- Overpaid FICA Taxes
- Correcting State Tax Forms
- Corrections to Local Taxes
This live webinar is designed for payroll administrators, human resource managers, controllers, CFOs, accountants, CPAs, and business owners and managers.
- Payroll tax/time and attendance specialist at Employer Advantage since 2006
- About Employer Advantage: FREEDOM TO SUCCEED - Trusted more than 30 years, Employer Advantage frees business leaders from employee administrative and compliance burdens so they can focus on their business’s success
- More than a software solution, we identify a company’s individual needs and culture to create strategic and very personalized plans for service
- Our dedicated teams not only provide business leaders comprehensive management and resources, but give their employees top-notch assistance and benefits; our suite of services includes payroll, employment taxes, health and benefits, human resources, safety, workers’ compensation, OSHA, DOT, and more
- 30+ years of experience processing payroll and payroll taxes for various different companies and professions
- Builds databases and installs systems at locations across the U.S. Debbie has worked with Time America products since 2006 and Time Clock Plus since 2010
- Began a partnership in June 2018 with Kronos and is accredited in their time and labor management system and advanced scheduler solutions
- Payroll specialist at Missouri Southern State University, 1993-2006; attended the International Tax Conference in Wisconsin, 2005; specialized in international tax for student visa’s, Joplin R-8 School District, 1990-1993
- Chapter president of the Joplin Chapter of the American Payroll Association, 2006-2012; chaired the committee for their annual seminar since 2006
- Numerous awards from the APA for her volunteer service on the APA’s hotline and also for her service as chapter president
- Published several articles in PayTech, a monthly magazine put out by the APA, currently the treasurer for the chapter
- B.A. degree in general business, MSSU; associate's degree in accounting, MSSU; Certified Payroll Professional Certification
- Lorman Education Services is an approved provider through the American Payroll Association. This seminar is approved for 1.0 RCHs. PLEASE NOTE: To receive credit through the American Payroll Association for this program you MUST attend the program in its entirety and use the streaming option, as well as enable (and complete) the required progress checks.
- HR Certification Institute 1.0
- This program has been approved for 1.0 (General) recertification credit hours toward aPHR(TM), aPHRi(TM), PHR®, PHRca®, SPHR®, GPHR®, PHRi(TM) and SPHRi(TM)recertification through HR Certification Institute® (HRCI®). For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the HR Certification Institute website at www.hrci.org.
- SHRM 1.0
- Lorman Education Services is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCPSM. This program is valid for 1.0 PDC(s) for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit www.shrmcertification.org.
- CPE 1.2 including Specialized Knowledge 1.2
- Lorman Education Services is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its web site: https://www.nasbaregistry.org/cpas/complaints.. CPE Credit: Maximum Credit Hours: 1.2 each session (based on a 50 minute credit hour). You must attend at least 50 minutes to obtain credit. Field of Study: Specialized Knowledge for 1.2 hours. Prerequisite: basic knowledge of processing payroll. Level of Knowledge: Intermediate. Teaching Method: Seminar/Lecture. Advance Preparation: None. Delivery Method: Group Internet Based. Please refer to the information in this brochure for outline, course content and objectives. Upon completion of this course, you will receive a certificate of attendance. Final approval of a course for CPE credit belongs with each state's regulatory board. Please note: In order to receive CPE credit for this course you MUST use the streaming audio option, as well as enable and complete the required progress checks.
- Lorman Business Center, LLC. is a registered provider for CPA CPE through the State Education Department of New York, Sponsor number: 000640. The following course will carry the subject area of Specialized Knowledge and Applications for 1.0 hour.