Each of the webinars that we have scheduled qualify for 1.8 AAP CE Credits. Which means that each 90 minute session qualifies for 1.8 AAP (Accredited ACH Professional) CE (Continuing Education) Credits.
Speaker: Donna K Olheiser, AAP, is the vice president of Education Services and founder of Dynamic Mastership, LLC.
The Nacha Operating Rules and Guidelines require that all participating depository financial institutions, third-party senders and third-party service providers that provide ACH services to the RDFI or ODFI, conduct an annual ACH audit by December 31 of each year (ACH Rules, Article 1).
There have been many Rules changes since 2019 that affect your annual ACH Rules Compliance Audit in 2021, including the verification of registration and accuracy of the info in the ACH Contact Registry (new in 2020!).
This session will cover “step-by-step” the audit process and requirements for each participant conducting an annual ACH audit, to help ensure their compliance with the Nacha Operating Rules.
Why Should You Attend
The annual ACH Rules Compliance Audit requires a precise examination of all ACH processes that a participant is involved in, then completing the “compliance test” of those processes to ensure compliance with the Nacha Operating Rules.
There are NEW Unauthorized Returns processes (with an additional ODFI monitoring requirement), PLUS a NEW ACH Contact Registry verification requirement added to the annual ACH Rules Compliance Audit!
This session will identify who needs to conduct an annual ACH Audit.In addition, outline the process for each participant that is required to conduct the annual Rules compliance Audit, plus offer tips and guidance for creating your own personalized ACH Audit (based on the ACH activities you utilize).
- Identify the participants in the ACH network required to conduct an annual ACH Rules compliance Audit
- Define what the General Audit Requirements are (now in Article 1)
- Discussion on tools available in the Nacha Operating Guidelines for guidance when conducting the annual ACH Rules Compliance Audit.
- Review the flexibility for each participant when following the Guidelines, which include the ODFI, RDFI, TPSP and TPS within the Rules Book
- Describe “how-to” ensure Rules Compliance after determination of what ACH activities are being audited
- Recommended areas to check (audit) in addition during the ACH Audit
Who Will Benefit
- ACH Operations staff
- Compliance Officers
- Treasury professionals
- Third-Party Payment Processors
- Third-Party Senders
- ACH Managers
- Electronic Payments Professionals
- ACH auditors (internal and external)
Donna K Olheiser, AAP, is the vice president of Education Services and founder of Dynamic Mastership, LLC. She is an enthusiastic and energetic Certified Master Trainer with over 14 years’ experience. She has designed and facilitated over 150 training sessions each year with her expertise being the rules for companies and financial institutions when processing electronic (specifically ACH) payments, then scheduling the events to facilitate/deliver the material through a variety of venues (webinars, teleseminars, in-person workshops, including regional and national conferences).