Speaker: Rebecca Staton-Reinstein, Ph.D. and president of Advantage Leadership, Inc.,
COVID-19 is not your typical Human Resources Force Majeure! Human Resources Managers are faced with unique risks related to local, State, and Federal, and international regulations and requirements. HR cannot afford to fail to analyze and plan to mitigate risks systematically. Even more problematic is dealing with unexpected risks such as the coronavirus. Learn to create mitigation plans for anticipated risks and a plan to deal with the unexpected. Use some simple tools to analyze risks and prioritize the need for planning. Be confident as you avoid unnecessary "firefighting" and manage risk strategically.
Why Should You Attend
Whether you had a pandemic preparedness plan, now that we are into the pandemic, we have information available to us of better strategies and approaches to slow the spread of the virus among employees and putting systems and policies in place, which allow work from home. Every industry and organization is in a different situation and HR professionals are grappling with establishing approaches which work in your specific environment. Learn how to execute plan that will work for your organization to keep workers safe.
- Understand your specific strengths and challenges
- Issues you must deal with
- Analyzing risks and prioritizing your responses
- Executing your plans and focusing on results not activity
- Managing your staff remotely; best practices for staying connected
- Striking the balance between the "rules" and flexibility
- What happens to other HR risks?
- Maintaining strong relationships and engagement while physically distancing
- Staying up-to-date and tuning out the noise
- Supporting at-risk employees
- Focusing on the "human" part of human resources; caring, compassion, communication
- Planning for reintegration; applying lessons learned
As a result of this webinar, you will know how to:
- Evaluate the risks you face
- Create mission-driven, results oriented plans
- Track Results not activity
- Focus on what's important now
- Use simple practical tools to aid analysis and planning
- Prepare for a return to the new normal.
Who Will Benefit
- Chief people officers
- Human resources executives and managers
- Human resource generalists and specialists
- Human resource team members
This activity has been approved for 1.5 HR (General) recertification credit hours toward aPHR, PHR, PHRca, SPHR, GPHR, PHRi and SPHRi recertification through HR Certification Institute (HRCI). Please make note of the activity ID number on your recertification application form. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the HR Certification Institute website at www.hrci.org
This program is valid for 1.5 PDCs for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®
Rebecca Staton-Reinstein, Ph.D. and president of Advantage Leadership, Inc., has managed a wide variety of projects from starting an alternative high school to developing artificial organs to managing Section 8 public housing. She understands the pain of juggling too many tasks, relying on others for information with no authority to manage them, and struggling to keep too many powerful stakeholders from spoiling the project. She has developed project management programs for her clients around the world. She developed project management programs specifically for Human Resource professionals for training companies, webinar providers, conferences, and clients. She works with a variety of organizations to improve strategic leadership and planning, engage employees, and delight customers. Rebecca is the author of several books on strategic leadership and has been honored for her contributions on four continents.