Speaker: Michael D.Haberman is a consultant, speaker, writer and teacher. He is co-founder of Omega HR Solutions
This webinar will cover confidentiality and the role the Human Resources plays in helping the company maintain necessary confidentiality. There are several laws that have specific requirements on how confidential information is to be dealt with.
Why Should You Attend
Confidentiality is not just a matter of "keeping secrets." The Human Resources department plays a pivotal role in helping maintain confidential information for the company.
As a result the HR person must be aware of requirements of federal and state laws and practices of regulatory agencies and court actions. What do you do when an employee says to you "I want you to know but please keep it secret"? Are you aware of what constitutes "protected health information"? Who is your privacy officer? Are you up-to-date on the restrictions the National Labor Relations Board puts on your ability to require employees to keep company information confidential? If you are not aware of the EEOC, HIPAA and NLRB requirements you may be subject to lawsuits and fines.
- The EEO and dealing with investigations of sexual harassment and discrimination
- HIPAA and maintaining the integrity of Protected Health Information. Are you considered a "covered entity"?
- We will cover what employees should sign agreements and what type
- Recent decisions by the National Labor Relations Board that protect some employees from revealing confidential information
- The Human Resources Code of Ethics
Who Will Benefit
- Office Managers
- Human Resources Generalists
- HR Administrators
This activity has been approved for 1 HR (General) recertification credit hours toward aPHR, PHR, PHRca, SPHR, GPHR, PHRi and SPHRi recertification through HR Certification Institute (HRCI). Please make note of the activity ID number on your recertification application form. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the HR Certification Institute website at www.hrci.org
This program is valid for 1 PDCs for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®