Speaker: Mr. Paul Byrne is a senior partner and trainer with Mackay Byrne Group; he is also a professor of communications skills in Ottawa
- Uncover the underpinning of confidence: realistic self-regard, positive perceptions.
- Appreciate the think, feel, behave dynamic and how reality testing improves our attitude andactions.
- Embrace “change” as the only constant in life.
- Program yourself for success through accurate thinking.
- Learn to tolerate the stresses of that upset our balance and affect our performance.
- Understand why people are difficult
- Practice the best approach when dealing with a myriad of difficult client types
- Prevent communication breakdowns
- Assertively handle conflict and create psychological comfort and inclusion
- Maintain control in difficult to control situations
- Create and maintain a communication climate of support rather than defensiveness
- Manage client expectations throughout the process to circumvent excessive demands
- Use professional Integrity as a tool to disarm difficult client interactions
- Communicate assertive statements to clarify expectations clearly to clients
- Create and maintain a supportive communication climate when negotiations become emotional
- Explore win-win outcomes to deal with unreasonable client requests
- Uncover their interpersonal style in difficult situations
Who will benefit
- Emotional Intelligence
- Professional soft skills
This activity has been approved for 1 HR (General) recertification credit hours toward aPHR, PHR, PHRca, SPHR, GPHR, PHRi and SPHRi recertification through HR Certification Institute (HRCI). Please make note of the activity ID number on your recertification application form. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the HR Certification Institute website at www.hrci.org
This program is valid for 1 PDCs for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®
Mr. Paul Byrne is a senior partner and trainer with Mackay Byrne Group; he is also a professor of communications skills in Ottawa, Ontario. As a professor, he’s been formally recognized for outstanding achievements in teaching and curriculum design. Corporate clients have been consistently rewarded with his ability to translate academic theory and psychological research into practical communication techniques for the workplace. His training design and delivery skills have been applauded by clients coast to coast.
His personal belief is that enhanced communication competence is a result of a heightened selfawareness, an appreciation of benefits (personal and organizational), and knowledge of easy to understand communication techniques and strategies. To this end, he consistently creates an environment that is psychologically safe, highly participatory, and above all, professionally relevant.
Paul has been facilitating personal communication skills training for over fourteen years.He has,
A Masters Degree in Adult Education
Authored, and co-authored, numerous books and publications related to Performance Communication Skills in the workplace
Designed curriculum for the Province on Ontario
Enhanced the communication presence and competence of thousands of individuals nationwide
Developed and delivered Strategic Communication Skills training workshops for many Fortune 500 companies