Group Health Plans: Current Trends and Compliance Planning Live Online Webinar
On Demand Webinar Credits SHRM, NASBA, HR Certification Institute
October 14 at 1:00 - 2:30 pm EST
Stay up to date with the latest trends in health care and avoid compliance issues when implementing these trends.
Health care costs continue to rise, and employers and plans continue to search for ways to mitigate the costs associated with medical care. In the past, employers shopped their plan to reduce costs. Now employers are implementing more aggressive measures to curtail the rising costs. This topic will discuss the most common health care trends and provide concrete analysis of the compliance issues in implementing the trend.
- You will be able to discuss the current trends in health plans.
- You will be able to analyze potential cost savings trends which may be applicable to your health plan.
- You will be able to describe the compliance risks of current trends.
- You will be able to recognize potential pitfalls of the current trends.
- COVID-19 Layoffs
- COBRA and COVID-19
- Direct Primary Care and §213
- Little Sisters' Opt Outs
- Gender Transition Surgery and Therapy Exclusions
- Reference-Based Pricing
- Benefit Captives
- Data-Driven Disease Management
- Prescription Drug Pricing
- Coupon and Out-of-Pocket Limits
- Price Transparency
- Surprise Billing
- Participant-Driven Plan Offerings
- Expanded Use of HRAs/ICHRAs
This live webinar is designed for benefits and human resource managers, presidents, vice presidents, business owners and managers, insurance professionals,accountants, CFOs, and controllers.
In Partnership With Lorman Business Center, LLC
- Of counsel at McNees Wallace & Nurick LLC
- Practice emphasizes all aspects of employee benefits law and executive compensation
- Conducts regular seminars on issues related to employee benefits and executive compensation
- Author of articles related to executive compensation and employee benefits
- Admitted to practice in Pennsylvania, Louisiana, and New York
- LL.M. degree, Georgetown University Law Center; J.D. degree, University of Detroit Mercy School of Law; M.A. degree, Northwestern State University; B.A. degree, Louisiana State University
Live Webinar Registration
- HR Certification Institute 1.5
- This program has been approved for 1.5 (General) recertification credit hours toward aPHR(TM), aPHRi(TM), PHR®, PHRca®, SPHR®, GPHR®, PHRi(TM) and SPHRi(TM)recertification through HR Certification Institute® (HRCI®). For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the HR Certification Institute website at www.hrci.org.
- SHRM 1.5
- Lorman Education Services is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCPSM. This program is valid for 1.5 PDC(s) for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit www.shrmcertification.org.
- CPE 1.8 including Personnel/HR 1.8
- Lorman Education Services is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its web site: https://www.nasbaregistry.org/cpas/complaints. CPE Credit: Maximum Credit Hours: 1.8 each session (based on a 50 minute credit hour). You must attend at least 50 minutes to obtain credit. Field of Study: Personnel/HR for 1.8 hours. Prerequisite: . Level of Knowledge: Intermediate. Teaching Method: Seminar/Lecture. Advance Preparation: None. Delivery Method: Group Internet Based. Please refer to the information in this brochure for outline, course content and objectives. Upon completion of this course, you will receive a certificate of attendance. Final approval of a course for CPE credit belongs with each state's regulatory board. Please note: In order to receive CPE credit for this course you MUST use the streaming audio option, as well as enable and complete the required progress checks.