Speaker:Teri is the founder and President of Hindsight Human Resources Teri Morning, MBA, MS, specializes in solving company "people problems."
What You Will Learn In this 60 Minute On-Line Live How to Avoid Hiring Victims HR Webinar:
Dysfunctional applicants can be some of the most polished, capable and charming people, you've ever encountered. How to look past the surface and see the person.
- How dysfunctional people can distort and control reality without your even noticing. How to spot when that is occurring
- What dysfunctional applicants know that you don't?
- Reading between the lines with answers and drilling down to the basis of the matter at hand - hiring the best person
- Avoiding hiring dysfunctional persons for management positions. How to avoid being overpowered in the interview and overruled by an overly dazzled interviewing group
It is important to know how to skip hiring bullies, liars, the passive- aggressive people and the sociopaths because these people will damage your workplace culture, create complaints and can even cause lawsuits on both their own behalf and from other employees. Managing them is an almost full time job that requires copious and accurate documentation while watching your own back every day.Not something, most managers have the time or inclination to do. Once you know what to look for it is downright easy to skip hiring bullies, liars, the passive - aggressive people and the sociopaths.
This webinar provides tips on how to identify attributes of positive psychology, how to judge if a person is genuine or fake so that you avoid hiring bullies.
Why Should You Attend
Hiring people is the most important thing employers do. When you hire a person for your company, your decision will not just affect how that person performs that job, it will affect how everyone in their work group(s) performs their jobs as well.
The bullies, the liars, the passive - aggressive people and the sociopaths are the four types of people, who will ruin ethical, hardworking and talented people right out the door of an organization regardless of compensation, benefits, perks and work life balance.
Had the employer known for what to look and the right questions to ask, they could have easily known to skip getting to know that person any further.
Experts estimate that roughly, 1 in 25 Americans is a sociopath and one study alleges narcissism is growing a rate relative to the growth of obesity!
- Twelve easy tips anyone can do to avoid making hiring mistakes
- What we do that makes it easy for dysfunctional people to be hired
- What is behavioral interviewing and how to make conducting one easy?
- Questions are important but just as important is interpreting answers - How to do both
- The 10 things everyone involved in the hiring decision has to do to avoid making hiring mistakes and they are not that hard
- Signs to tip you off that the charming, capable person you are interviewing may not be the employee of your dreams
Who will benefit Most from This How to Avoid Hiring Victims HR Webinar:
- Safety Personnel
- Safety Managers
- Risk Management Personnel
- HR Associates
- Managers and Generalists
- Employee Relations
- Plant Managers
- Business Owners
This activity has been approved for 1 HR (General) recertification credit hours toward aPHR, PHR, PHRca, SPHR, GPHR, PHRi and SPHRi recertification through HR Certification Institute (HRCI). Please make note of the activity ID number on your recertification application form. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the HR Certification Institute website at www.hrci.org
This program is valid for 1 PDCs for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®
Teri is the founder and President of Hindsight Human Resources
Teri Morning, MBA, MS, specializes in solving company "people problems." She provides HR department expertise to small and mid sized companies.
Teri also sources HR software solutions for incident tracking, employee relations, safety (Incident Tracker), compensation (Compease) and performance management (Performance Pro).
Twenty+ years human resource and training experience in a variety of fields, including retail, distribution, architectural, engineering, consulting, manufacturing (union), public sector and both profit and non-profit companies.
Teri has enjoyed consulting with employers on their problems and trained managers and employees for over 20 years, meeting and working with employees from all types of businesses.
In addition to a MBA, Teri has a Master's degree in Human Resource Development with a specialization in Conflict Management.
Teri was certified by the State of Indiana in mediation skills, and Teri is currently certified in Project Management and IT Management and qualified as a Myers-Briggs practitioner. Teri has held the PHR, SPHR, SPHR-CA and SHRM-SCP certifications.