Speaker: Michael D.Haberman is a consultant, speaker, writer and teacher. He is co-founder of Omega HR Solutions, Inc.
Documentation is both the bane and the blessing for HR. It is difficult to get people to do it, but it is preferred by attorneys and believed by judges and juries.
Why should you attend
Annually hundreds of thousands of lawsuits and hearings occur across the country. Each of these is "legal" proceeding which require evidence of events that actually occurred. Documentation is what wins, or in some cases loses, these lawsuits and hearings. The result of lack of documentation results in the loss of millions of dollars each year that might be prevented by a good documentation program.
• How and why documentation is good
• Meets the legal requirements of Federal statutes
• Provides a record of interactions with employees in order to provide better recall of what was said and done
• Helps knowledge retention. You do not need to have the original parties to have a recollection of the event or conversation
• Provides the legal documentation needed to defend the company in a lawsuit
• We will talk about how documentation will get you in trouble
• What is necessary for good documentation
• We will talk about what tools can be used
With this information you will be better able to defend the organization from loses incurred due to poor documentation practices
.Who will Benefit
• Office Managers
• HR Managers
• Business Owners
This activity has been approved for 1 HR (General) recertification credit hours toward aPHR, PHR, PHRca, SPHR, GPHR, PHRi and SPHRi recertification through HR Certification Institute (HRCI). Please make note of the activity ID number on your recertification application form. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the HR Certification Institute website at www.hrci.org
This program is valid for 1 PDCs for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®