Immigration Alert! Learn the Impact of Immigration Violations for Employers with I-9 Form Correction Violation, E-Verify Requirements and Immigration Discrimination!
Wed, January 15, 2020 at 1:00 PM – 2:30 PM EDT 90 Minutes Credits HRCI 1.5 & SHRM 1.5 PDCsEnroll in Course
Speaker:Margie Faulk, PHR, SHRM-CP is a senior level human resources professional with over 14 years
- The Most Common Mistakes on the Form I-9 and How to Avoid Them
- Requirements of the Immigration Reform and Control Act
- Changes in Form I-9 Verification Procedure
- Learn Tips on Auditing I-9s and E-Verify Documentation
- DOJ Immigrant and Employee Rights Guidance on Internal I-9 Audits
- Use of W-9
- Use of Employment Policies
- Learn Tips on Handling Identity Theft and SSA No Matches ( can we remove this bullet point
- The Most Common Mistakes Using E-Verify
- Processing Tentative Non confirmation Results
- Cautions and Issues With E-Verify
- Penalties for Violations of E-Verify Requirements
- Notice of Inspection
- Notice of Technical or Procedural Failures
- Notice of Suspect Documents
- Notice of Intent to Fine and Next Steps
- Increased Enforcement Against Employers
- Criminal Concerns
- Misdemeanor and Felonies Regarding Hiring
- Increased Fines and Penalties
Employers should be concerned about the impact of Immigration requirements in the workplace. More than ever there are increased audits in I-9 forms and other immigration regulations. In fact, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and Immigration Custom Enforcement (ICE), the enforcement arm of the US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), are using the I-9 Audits as one phase for assessing Employer’s Immigration compliance gaps and efforts. It is critical for Employers to conduct an internal audit on all their I-9 form process, Immigration VISAS, discrimination protections and other Immigration regulations to ensure an effective risk management strategy.
Who Will Benefit
- All Employers requiring I-9 documentation
- HR Professionals Handling I-9 forms and Immigration VISAS
- Small Business Owners
- Employers required to complete E-Verify or voluntarily utilize E-Verify
- Office Managers processing new hires
- Companies working internationally with employees who need sponsorship for VISAS
This activity has been approved for 1.5 HR (General) recertification credit hours toward aPHR, PHR, PHRca, SPHR, GPHR, PHRi and SPHRi recertification through HR Certification Institute (HRCI). Please make note of the activity ID number on your recertification application form. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the HR Certification Institute website at www.hrci.org
This program is valid for 1.5 PDCs for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®
HR Compliance Solutions, LLC Compliance Officer Bio-Margie Faulk, PHR, SHRM-CP is a senior level human resources professional with over 14 years of HR management and compliance experience. A former Compliance Officer for a defense contracting technologies firm, Margie has worked as an HR and Compliance advisor for major corporations and small businesses in the small, large, private, public and Non-profit sectors. Margie is bilingual (Spanish) fluent and Bi-cultural.
Margie’s focus is on multi-state, national, state and local workplace compliance. Additionally, Margie is working on International compliance initiatives globally which includes workplace compliance in other countries like the UK, Canada, France, Brazil, China, Africa, Mexico and India, just to name a few.
Margie has created and presented seminars/webinars for many compliance institutes. These national training providers, offer compliance training to professionals, business owners and companies interested in having their company compliant with workplace and industry regulations.
Margie holds professional human resources certification (PHR) from the HR Certification Institution (HRCI) and SHRM-CP certification from Society for Human Resources Management. Margie has completed the Certified Compliance and Ethics Professional training and is a member of the Society of Corporate Compliance & Ethics (SCCE)