Speaker: Paula Connolly, Trainer for Mackay Byrne Group, has over 25 years of experience in professional development training.
This webinar provides tips on how to successfully support your team and drive results, with empathy and understanding, as we continue to work remotely. You will learn how to establish clear expectations for remote work, to stay connected with your team, and to promote teamwork to achieve results, while remaining flexible.
Why Should You Attend
To protect our health, more and more companies are asking employees to work remotely for the foreseeable future. In fact, many organizations are considering a permanent shift to work-from-home for many roles. As a leader, you can no longer evaluate how things are going by walking around the office, checking in on staff and holding impromptu problem-solving meetings. Managing a remote team presents many new challenges ranging from technical requirements, to how to stay connected, and how to monitor and produce results.
- Identify challenges of managing a remote team
- Identify key leadership competencies to successfully manage a remote team
- Evaluate what leaders of remote teams have learned over the past 6 months (case studies)
- Establish clear boundaries and shared expectations for your remote teams
- Demonstrate understanding and empathy to support individuals
- Become a successful mentor for your remote teams
- Build trust and avoid micromanaging by focusing on results, not activity
- Effectively use technology to improve communication and tracking
- Set up a system to solve issues
- Understand challenges of managing a remote team
- Understand key leadership competencies to successfully manage a remote team
- Learn from the experience of leaders of remote teams
- Learn strategies to improve your success as a remote leader
- Adapt a new leadership mindset
- Integrate technology tools to stay connected and to monitor performance
Who will Benefit
- Team leads in customer service
This activity has been approved for 1.5 HR (General) recertification credit hours toward aPHR, PHR, PHRca, SPHR, GPHR, PHRi and SPHRi recertification through HR Certification Institute (HRCI). Please make note of the activity ID number on your recertification application form. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the HR Certification Institute website at www.hrci.org
This program is valid for 1.5 PDCs for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP
Paula Connolly, Trainer for Mackay Byrne Group, has over 25 years of experience in professional development training. She has a Bachelor of Business Administration degree from Acadia University and Certificates in Adult Education and Professional Courseware Design, Emotional Intelligence and Personality Dimensions. Paula presents classroom and webinar seminars to help participants improve their communication, leadership and productivity skills.
Paula has a dynamic speaking style and engages her audience while sharing insights and tools that participants can use when they return to their office. She has presented productivity and time management seminars to many clients including the Ministry of Community and Social Services, Health Canada, Public Service and Procurement Canada, Financial Services Commission of Ontario, Associations, Ontario Chartered Professional Accountants and the Canada School of Public Service.
Mackay Byrne Group is a Canadian based training company with over 30 outstanding professional development programs