Managing Turnover With Realistic Job Previews (RJPs) Live Webinar Online
July 13 - Credits CPE, HR Certification Institute, NASBA, ASA, SHRM( In Partnership With Lorman Business Center, LLC)Enroll in Course
July 13 at 1:00 - 2:30 pm EST
Reduce high turnover rates, remove the element of surprise, and save money with Realistic Job Previews.
When it comes to recruiting for candidates, it is a very competitive world to find the best candidate for the job. Companies are using more Realistic Job Previews (RJPs) to attract candidates and retain employees. Once a candidate and the company find a mutual interest, then it is time for the interview process to begin. The beginning of the interview process should be an RJP, which is a job description that lets potential candidates know the details of the job they have applied for regarding many aspects such as pay, hours, schedule flexibility and company culture. There are a number of ways to conduct a RJP. There are studies that show an RJP can reduce high turnover rates of new hires because there is no longer the element of surprise in the job. The new hire understands the job and the conditions they will work in before they accept the offer. Thus, an RJP is a psychological contract between the new hire and the employer. RJPs are a money-saving tool that companies are using. Learn more about this money-saving tool.
- You will be able to define Realistic Job Previews.
- You will be able to identify the methods to conduct RJPs.
- You will be able to explain how to create RJPs.
- You will be able to discuss how to implement RJPs into the hiring process.
- Basic Overview of Realistic Job Previews (RJPs)
- Understand the Connection Between RJPs and Engagement
- How Do RJPs Work
- How RJPs Manage Candidate Expectations
- Understand How RJPs Inoculate New Employees to Workplace Challenges
- Importance of Having RJPs
- Learn How RJPs Support and Align With the Company's Mission, Vision and Values
- Methods Used to Conduct RJPs
- Characteristics of a Good RJP
- How the RJP Will Be Created (Structured Observations, Meeting With Current Employees, etc.)
- How to Present Both Positive and Negative Aspects of the Job
- Implementing RJPs Into the Hiring Process
- How RJPs Can Attract Candidates
- Understand the Value of Self-Selection
- Understand the Value of Candidate Empowerment
- Understand the Link Between Employee Self-Selection and Employee Retention
- Case Studies and Examples
Who Should Attend
This live webinar is designed for human resource managers, risk managers, business owners and managers, personnel managers, presidents, vice presidents , and controllers.
- Compliance manager with Fortune 250 company
- Former executive director with the legal and human resources consulting firm, The Sexson Group
- Extensive experience in employment and labor law, as well as human resources
- Has a legal and HR background in employee relations, performance management (360-degree
- feedback), organizational management, benefits administration, recruitment and selection, compensation, equal employment opportunity, and training and development
- Experience with the public sector, Fortune 500 companies and small startup companies
- Held director and executive level positions, and worked as an independent consultant
- Certified as a senior professional in human resources by the Society for Human Resources Management
- J.D. and M.B.A. degrees
- ASA 1.5
- This program qualifies for 1.5 continuing education hour(s) towards maintaining your ASA credential. Please contact ASA for more information at [email protected]
- HR Certification Institute 1.5
- This program has been approved for 1.5 (General) recertification credit hours toward aPHR(TM), aPHRi(TM), PHR®, PHRca®, SPHR®, GPHR®, PHRi(TM) and SPHRi(TM)recertification through HR Certification Institute® (HRCI®). For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the HR Certification Institute website at www.hrci.org.
- SHRM 1.5
- Lorman Education Services is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCPSM. This program is valid for 1.5 PDC(s) for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit www.shrmcertification.org.
- CPE 1.8 including Personnel/HR 1.8
- Lorman Education Services is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its web site: https://www.nasbaregistry.org/cpas/complaints. For more information regarding administrative policies such as complaint and refund, please contact our offices at 866-352-9539. CPE Credit: Maximum Credit Hours: 1.8 each session (based on a 50 minute credit hour). You must attend at least 50 minutes to obtain credit. Field of Study: Personnel/HR for 1.8 hours. Prerequisite: basic knowledge of employment laws. Level of Knowledge: Intermediate. Teaching Method: Seminar/Lecture. Advance Preparation: None. Delivery Method: Group Internet Based. Please refer to the information in this brochure for outline, course content and objectives. Upon completion of this course, you will receive a certificate of attendance. Final approval of a course for CPE credit belongs with each state's regulatory board. Please note: In order to receive CPE credit for this course you MUST use the streaming audio option, as well as enable and complete the required progress checks.
- Lorman Business Center, LLC. is a registered provider for CPA CPE through the State Education Department of New York, Sponsor number: 000640. The following course will carry the subject area of Advisory Services for 1.5 hours.