Speaker: Diane L. Dee, President of Advantage HR Consulting, has over 25 years of experience in the Human Resources arena
The audience will learn that they don't already know
- Pay inequality is a form of gender discrimination & violates multiple Federal laws
- Understanding the differences between Pay Equity & Equitable Pay
- Criteria used to determine whether an employer has committed compensation discrimination
- Steps to take to eradicate the gender wage gap
- Legitimate explanations for wage gaps
3-5 burning questions the target audience has about this topic
- Which Federal and/or State laws apply to pay discrimination?
- What role does bias play in the gender wage gap?
- Are there legitimate explanations for certain wage gaps?
3-5 pain points the target audience has with this topic
- Understanding the importance of rectifying pay equity issues
- Consequences to employers who are non-compliant with equal pay legislation
- Are victims of pay discrimination protected against retaliation under pay equity legislation?
At 7 - 10 specific topics/items in bullet format that you will discuss
- Defining pay equity
- Provisions of the 2019 Paycheck Fairness Act
- Does the Paycheck Fairness Act go far enough?
- Other Federal legislation that governs pay discrimination
- Provisions of the Equal Pay Act
- Creating pay equality in the workplace
- Steps organizations can take to create better pay equality
- Auditing your pay practices
- Bias-proof your interviewing process
- Importance of training managers to ensure all employees are treated fairly & pay decisions are made in a transparent & consistent manner
- Establish compensation policies and stick to them
- Setting specific goals around gender/racial equity
2-3 things the audience will be able to do after viewing the Workshop
- Participants will feel comfortable opening the lines of communication with their employees to become more transparent when bringing pay equity issues to the forefront.
- Participants will recognize the differences between “pay equity” and “equitable pay” and how they relate to each other.
- Participants will learn why unequal pay is a form of gender discrimination.
Who will Benefit
- Senior Leadership
- Human Resources Managers
- Compensation Professionals
- Operations Professionals
- Recruiting Professionals
- Managers & Supervisors
This activity has been approved for 1.15 HR (General) recertification credit hours toward aPHR, PHR, PHRca, SPHR, GPHR, PHRi and SPHRi recertification through HR Certification Institute (HRCI). Please make note of the activity ID number on your recertification application form. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the HR Certification Institute website at www.hrci.org
This program is valid for 1.15 PDCs for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®
Diane L. Dee, President of Advantage HR Consulting, has over 25 years of experience in the Human Resources arena. Diane's background includes experience in HR consulting and administration in corporate, government, consulting and pro bono environments. Diane founded Advantage HR Consulting in early 2016. Under Diane's leadership, Advantage HR provides comprehensive, cost-effective Human Resources solutions for small to mid-sized firms in the greater Chicagoland area.
Diane holds a Master Certificate in Human Resources from Cornell University's School of Industrial and Labor Relations and has attained SPHR, SHRM-SCP, sHRBP and HRPM® certification.
Diane is a member of the National Association of Women Business Owners and the Society for Human Resource Management. Additionally, Diane performs pro bono work through the Taproot Foundation assisting non-profit clients by integrating their Human Resources goals with their corporate strategies.