Sexual Harassment: Managing the Critical Business, Financial, and Human Resources Issues
Tue, July 21, 2020 at 1:00 PM – 2:30 PM EDT Duration 90 Minutes Credits HRCI 1.5 & SHRM 1.5 PDCsEnroll in Course
Use Code EBJULY4 and get 10% discount
Speaker:Ronald L. Adler, president of Laurdan Associates Inc. has 42 years of HR consulting experience and has served as a consulting expert
What You Will Learn In this 90 Minute On-Line Live Sexual Harassment HR Webinar:
- Discuss the impact of sexual harassment within your organization
- Define the definition and types of sexual harassment
- Describe how sexual harassment affects the achieve of organizational goals
- Discuss the financial impact of sexual harassment on your organization’s bottom line
- Discuss the human resources impact on the planning and managing of your work force
- Play a leadership role in reducing sexual harassment
Sexual harassment claims increasingly expose your organization to significant business, financial, and human resources related costs and liabilities. Potential claims now often exceed six-figure numbers. More importantly, sexual harassment increases recruitment and hiring costs, increases absenteeism and turnover costs, lowers employee morale, reduces job performance, and results in lost productivity.As a result, if your company has a 6% profit margin, it will have to generate $1,667,000 in new sales to cover the costs of each sexual harassment claim or award of $100,000.
Thus, while the financial liabilities of sexual harassment can be substantial, they represent only a part of the total cost.To the extent sexual harassment defines how your organization values its employees, your organization increasingly becomes a place to avoid.To the extent your organization accepts of sexual harassment as an incidental working condition, you tell employees, applicants, and third parties: we don’t value you. And to the extent your organization does not take immediate action to correct problems, you demonstrate that they should look for employment elsewhere.
Why Should You Attend
The marketplace is increasingly asking and evaluating the following critical questions:
- Does the organization avoid the growing legal pitfalls to avoid sexual harassment
- Does the organization properly conduct sexual harassment and workplace investigations
- Does the organization properly weight and balance privacy issues and concerns
- Are all employees encouraged to report incidents of sexual harassment; are all supervisors and managers required to take action and report incidents
These critical issues and other important elements of an effective sexual harassment program will be discussed.
Who will benefit Most from This Sexual Harassment HR Webinar:
- HR Professionals
- Internal and external auditors
- Compliance officers
- Risk managers
- C-suite executives
- Middle and on-line managers
This activity has been approved for 1.5 HR (General) recertification credit hours toward aPHR, PHR, PHRca, SPHR, GPHR, PHRi and SPHRi recertification through HR Certification Institute (HRCI). Please make note of the activity ID number on your recertification application form. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the HR Certification Institute website at www.hrci.org
This program is valid for 1.5 PDCs for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®
Ronald L. Adler, president of Laurdan Associates Inc. has 42 years of HR consulting experience and has served as a consulting expert on work force, workplace, and HR management issues for The Wall Street Journal, HRMagazine, and other publications and newspapers across the country. Mr. Adler's research findings have been used by the Federal Reserve Board, the EEOC, the National Conference of State Legislatures, the National Federation of Independent Business (NFIB), insurers, and international organizations.
Mr. Adler is a frequent lecturer and author on HR management, employment practices, and UI issues. Mr. Adler is the author and editor of the Employment-Labor Law Audit (ELLA), the internationally recognized HR auditing and employment practices liability risk assessment process.