Speaker:Lyman Montgomery has over twenty- five years of HR experience in Employee Relations dealing with workplace issues
Areas will be covered
• Participants will be able to identify areas of defects in their HR processes, implement the five major components of Six Sigma, and understand why HR professional should adopt these strategies.
Over the last few decades, Six Sigma has emerged as the industry standard along with Lean Management techniques to tackle these and other issues (defects) facing Human Resources.This training provides opportunities through interactive online discussions to explore and establish best practices and answer real-life issues during the Q& A Segment of the training.
One of the major complaints levied against Human Resources is the amount of time it takes to process paperwork, conduct internal investigations or respond to inquiries.In the business world, these delays would be considered defects and strategies would be adopted to reduce these defects and provide a more efficient process.
Why one should attend
This course is to help students understand HR excellence through the use of Six Sigma processes and approaches.We live in a world of intense competition and organizations that can reduce waste and maximize their quality, efficiency, and rate of continuous improvement will attract and retain better employees and sustainable results which adds to the bottom line.
Key learning objectives
- Define Phase: selecting high impact problem areas and understanding which metric(s) will lead to success.
- Measure Phase: document current process, validate its measurements and assess baseline performance.
- Analyze Phase: look at key causes behind metric or CTQ (Critical to Quality) using tools to conduct objective experiments to id or confirm key causes.
- Improve Phrase: a deeper look at key causes with intent to control or eliminate cause to increase or control performance.
- Control Phase: sustaining the changes or improvements made with assured lasting results by implementing checks and balances to the system.
- Being viewed as a business partner vs. a support member of the team.
- Move from reactionary in nature (fill positions, deal with employee grievances and complaints) to providing proactive strategies and insight into the total management and decision making of the institution.
- Respond to inquiries faster and reduce decision-making time by using a scientific approach to measure and evaluate outcomes.
Who will benefit
This training will benefit supervisors, managers, executives, and those with Human Resources responsibilities
This activity has been approved for 3 HR (General) recertification credit hours toward aPHR, PHR, PHRca, SPHR, GPHR, PHRi and SPHRi recertification through HR Certification Institute (HRCI). Please make note of the activity ID number on your recertification application form. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the HR Certification Institute website at www.hrci.org
This program is valid for 3 HR PDCs for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®
Lyman Montgomery has over twenty- five years of HR experience in Employee Relations dealing with workplace issues and performance management. He is also a certified LEAN Six Sigma Black Belt Trainer. Currently, he is writing his dissertation for his Ph.D. in the area of focused employee engagement and sustained performance. Lyman is the president and CEO of Focused Driven Lifestyle Coaching, LLC. He is the author of five books, two of which are bestsellers and conducts workshops and seminars at conferences all across the United States.