Transgender Protection Navigating New Federal, State and Local Laws for Transgender Workers! This In
Tue, July 7, 2020 01:00 PM – 02:30 PM EDT 90 Minutes Credits HRCI 1.5 & SHRM 1.5 PDCsEnroll in Course
Use Code EBJULY4 and get 10% discount
Speaker : Margie Faulk, PHR, SHRM-CP is a senior level human resources professional with over 14 years of HR
What You Will Learn In this 90 Minute On-Line Live Interactive Transgender Protection HR Webinar:
- Overview of the impact of transgender employees in the workplace
- Impact of Employers working in employee-centric (pro-employee support) states
- How do we handle employee concerns of transgender employees in the workplace?
- How do the current concerns integrate or challenge the current discrimination regulations of transgender employees?
- What states have transgender protections?
- What regulatory agencies protect transgender employees?
- How can Employers mitigate transgender regulations?
- Workplace culture issues are affecting LGBT workers.
- The role of education and training; What states have mandatory compliance requirements and training?
- How do Employers respond to employees who transition?
- What regulations are required to accommodate transgender employees?
- What are the penalties tied to a violation of transgender regulations?
- What policies must be in place to mitigate transgender requirements?
- What penalties are in place for violations of protected classes?
- What else should Employers be prepared to effectively conduct their business?
- Federal, state and local regulations now add transgender protections as part of their regulations and guidance
- Demographics and societal acceptance of LGBT workers.
- Local, state, and federal laws related to sexual orientation and transgender status in the workplace.
- How can Employers partner with HR professionals to create a safe workplace for transgender employees?
- Learn what the correct definitions are for transgender and not violate best practices or policies
- What changes have to be updated to Employee Handbooks and corporate
- Current issues in the development of the law
- How can Employers follow the OSHA guidelines for restroom safety for transgender employees?
- Title VII interpretations & EEOC Guidance for Employers
- “Public Accommodation”
- More states with Mandated Regulations prepare in 2019
This presentation reviews the employment laws that relate to LGBT workers, with a focus on transgender protections and identifies emerging and unresolved issues, and provides practical pointers for employers concerned with compliance, inclusion, and creation of a respectful workplace environment. Employers have been concerned with how to comply with transgender best practices and in some states, regulations with fines and penalties. Employers should update their employee handbooks and policies to accommodate there ever emerging changes in the workplace or risk penalties and even criminal sanctions.
Why Should You Attend
Recent polls and studies indicate that 10 million Americans identify as lesbian, gay, bisexual, or transgender (“LGBT”), and 1.4 million Americans identify as transgender. American society’s acceptance of LGBT status has more than doubled in the last 30 years, and in 2016, Gallup polls found that 68% of American adults accept same-sex relationships. Local and state laws around the country protect workers from employment discrimination, and some courts have interpreted federal anti-discrimination law to offer similar protection. Workplace diversity initiatives include efforts to welcome and support LGBT individuals. Sexual orientation and transgender status remain sensitive and uncomfortable topics for some, however, and employers and employees may struggle to manage these issues.
Who Will Benefit
- Defense contracting
- Aerospace & defense
- Real estate
- Data Protection
- Privacy Services
- All Employers
- Business Owners
- Company Leadership
- Small business owners
- Compliance professionals
- HR professionals
- Anyone wanting to learn how to manage transgender issues in the workplace
This activity has been approved for 1.5 HR (General) recertification credit hours toward aPHR, PHR, PHRca, SPHR, GPHR, PHRi and SPHRi recertification through HR Certification Institute (HRCI). Please make note of the activity ID number on your recertification application form. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the HR Certification Institute website at www.hrci.org
This program is valid for 1.5 PDCs for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®
HR Compliance Solutions, LLC Compliance Officer Bio-Margie Faulk, PHR, SHRM-CP is a senior level human resources professional with over 14 years of HR management and compliance experience. A former Compliance Officer for a defense contracting technologies firm, Margie has worked as an HR and Compliance advisor for major corporations and small businesses in the small, large, private, public and Non-profit sectors. Margie is bilingual (Spanish) fluent and Bi-cultural.
Margie’s focus is on multi-state, national, state and local workplace compliance. Additionally, Margie is working on International compliance initiatives globally which includes workplace compliance in other countries like the UK, Canada, France, Brazil, China, Africa, Mexico and India, just to name a few.
Margie has created and presented seminars/webinars for many compliance institutes. These national training providers, offer compliance training to professionals, business owners and companies interested in having their company compliant with workplace and industry regulations.
Margie holds professional human resources certification (PHR) from the HR Certification Institution (HRCI) and SHRM-CP certification from Society for Human Resources Management. Margie has completed the Certified Compliance and Ethics Professional training and is a member of the Society of Corporate Compliance & Ethics (SCCE)