peaker:Dr. B. Lynn Ware CEO and President, Integral Talent Systems, Inc. She is an Industrial/Organizational Psychologist
- The business case and ROI for investing in support for new managers
- Assessing potential new managers
- A model for the transition-to-manager process, including training
- Key tools and support tactics
- Buddies and Mentors: Setting up a system that works
- Warning signs of quietly failing new managers
- Implementation strategies to integrate new manager support with overall leadership development
New managers have a large impact on employee commitment and productivity, along with internal and external customer satisfaction. Yet it is hard for them to ask for help when they need it. Join us for an exploration of how to arm new and prospective managers with the tools they need to succeed.
No transition is more crucial to the individual employee and to the organization than the transition from individual contributor to manager. Yet a full year after promotion, nearly two thirds of new managers are still struggling with their role. Join us to learn how to address this issue and prepare your managers for success. Help vital new members of the management team become effective quickly!
- Understand the managers impact on employee commitment and productivity
- Learn the eight vital behaviors new managers need to master
- Learn how to evaluate if managers are operating successfully
- Understand the vital elements of teaching new managers how to do their jobs effectively
Who Will Benefit
- Learning & Development Managers
- Training Managers
- Business Leaders
- HR Professionals
This activity has been approved for 1 HR (General) recertification credit hours toward aPHR, PHR, PHRca, SPHR, GPHR, PHRi and SPHRi recertification through HR Certification Institute (HRCI). Please make note of the activity ID number on your recertification application form. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the HR Certification Institute website at www.hrci.org
This program is valid for 1 PDCs for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®
Dr. B. Lynn Ware CEO and President, Integral Talent Systems, Inc. She is an Industrial/Organizational Psychologist and thought leader who has practiced for over thirty years in the talent management field. She has designed, developed and implemented career development systems in partnership with several Best Place to Work organizations such as Google and Scripps Medical Center.
Dr. Ware's mission is on how to leverage the company's investment in talent to generate stronger financial outcomes. Dr. Ware has experience designing, implementing and measuring a wide variety of integrated talent management solutions in the consumer products, energy, financial services, health care, technology, manufacturing and retail industries. She is frequently quoted on trends in talent management in numerous publications such as the Associated Press, San Francisco Chronicle, Harvard Business Review, and Computer World magazine, and has been featured several times on CNN as a global talent management expert.