Understanding the Math of Your Health Plan Renewal Live Online Webinar
On Demand Webinar Credits CPE, HR Certification Institute, SHRM, NASBA ( In Partnership With Lorman Business Center, LLC)
September 15 at 1:00 - 2:30 pm EST
Gain insight on how to analyze and manage health insurance offerings and how to review competing alternatives and plans.
- You will be able to review your health plan’s annual renewal.
- You will be able to identify if you are maximizing potential alternative benefits.
- You will be able to define HSAs, HRAs and FSAs.
- You will be able to discuss wellness programs.
- Fiduciary Duties to Consider
- What Guaranteed Coverage Renewal Really Means?
- Key Provisions to Monitor in Assessing the True Cost of Your Plan
- HSA/HRA/FSA – Acronyms You Need to Understand
- Is It Possible for You to Consider a Self-Insured Health Plan?
- The Need to Manage Participant Education in an Era of Consumer-Directed Health Care
- Why They Can Save You More Than You Realize
- What You Can and Can't Do
- Alternatives for Structuring Programs That Can Reduce Your Plan Expenses and Increase the Health of Your Employee Population
This live webinar is designed for human resource managers, benefits and payroll professionals, business owners and managers, accountants, and CFOs.
- Partner with SmithAmundsen LLC
- Selected to the Illinois Super Lawyers list of Rising Stars for 2013 - 2017
- Practice emphasizes all aspects of employee benefits and compensation, employment law, government regulation, audit and compliance, staffing agency, independent contractor and contingent workforce, unfair competition counseling and litigation, and wage and hour
- Conducts regular seminars and webinars on numerous employment and labor law topics, including employment contracts, health care reform, employee medical issues, Affordable Care Act, Department of Labor benefits, audit and compliance, and more
- Author of several publications related to the areas of employment law, including SmithAmundsen's Labor & Employment Law Update, a labor and employment advisory blog; Illinois Chamber of Commerce's Chamber Dispatch, an HR advisory blog; and contributing author of the Illinois Employment Law Handbook, Illinois Chamber's most comprehensive publication and reference guide for employers in complying with Illinois and federal labor and employment law
- Member of Illinois State Bar Association, Illinois Association of Defense Trial Counsel, Wisconsin State Bar Association, National Society of Human Resource Management, and American Benefits Council
- J.D. degree, magna cum laude, Northern Illinois University College of Law; B.S. degree, Northern Illinois University
- HR Certification Institute 1.5
- This program has been approved for 1.5 (General) recertification credit hours toward aPHR(TM), aPHRi(TM), PHR®, PHRca®, SPHR®, GPHR®, PHRi(TM) and SPHRi(TM)recertification through HR Certification Institute® (HRCI®). For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the HR Certification Institute website at www.hrci.org.
- SHRM 1.5
- Lorman Education Services is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCPSM. This program is valid for 1.5 PDC(s) for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit www.shrmcertification.org.
- CPE 1.8 including Personnel/HR 1.8
- Lorman Education Services is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its web site: https://www.nasbaregistry.org/cpas/complaints. CPE Credit: Maximum Credit Hours: 1.8 each session (based on a 50 minute credit hour). You must attend at least 50 minutes to obtain credit. Field of Study: Personnel/HR for 1.8 hours. Prerequisite: . Level of Knowledge: Intermediate. Teaching Method: Seminar/Lecture. Advance Preparation: None. Delivery Method: Group Internet Based. Please refer to the information in this brochure for outline, course content and objectives. Upon completion of this course, you will receive a certificate of attendance. Final approval of a course for CPE credit belongs with each state's regulatory board. Please note: In order to receive CPE credit for this course you MUST use the streaming audio option, as well as enable and complete the required progress checks.
- Lorman Business Center, LLC. is a registered provider for CPA CPE through the State Education Department of New York, Sponsor number: 000640. The following course will carry the subject area of Advisory Services for 1.5 hours.