Wage Garnishments: What Every Employer Needs to Know Live Webinar
On Demand Webinar Credits APA (CPP/FPC), HR Certification Institute, AIPB, NASBA, CLE, SHRM
November 20 at 1:00 - 2:30 pm EST
Gain valuable information to ensure you are handling this complex subject correctly.
During this topic, you will be presented with the different types of withholding and garnishments orders that an employer may receive. The laws that govern what you are required to do will be explored in addition to the costly mistakes that could happen when the laws are not followed.
We will explore each of the types of orders to better understand the limits imposed on withholding, the remittance requirements and employee rights. Lastly, we will take a look at different scenarios such as multiple orders, employees who leave or have left the company and how to handle issues that may arise.
This information is designed for those who are responsible for handling employee withholding and garnishment orders and find themselves unable to find the answers to important questions needed to remain in compliance. This topic will answer those tough questions of how-to, when-to and why. You will take away valuable information to ensure you are handling this complex subject correctly in their own payroll shops.
- You will be able to review the types of withholding and garnishment order.
- You will be able to discuss state and Federal regulations.
- You will be able to explain new hire reporting requirements.
- You will be able to describe how to handle multiple garnishment orders.
- Child Support
- Federal Tax Levies
- State Tax Levies
- Student Loans
- Creditor Garnishments
- Voluntary Wage Assignments
- Federal Regulations
- State Regulations
- Disposable Earnings
- Remittance Requirements
- New Hire Reporting
- Starting an Order
- Stopping an Order
- Handling Multiple Orders
In Partnership With Lorman Business Center, LLC
- Owner of Pay-Pro Business and Consumer Resources, offering payroll consulting and services
- Executive eirector of Payroll and Tax Services at the Virginia Commonwealth University
- Adjunct professor at Prince George’s Community College, offering the Pay Train Level 1 and Level 2 certification courses for the APA
- Has been in the payroll profession since 1998
- Worked with some of the top known companies as an employee, consultant or trainer such as Trader Publishing Company, The Johns Hopkins Health System, and the Department of the Defense
- Obtained the American Payroll Association Certified Payroll Professional designation via self-study in 2004
- B.S. degree in business management, Hampton University; M.S. degree in professional accounting/taxation emphasis, Strayer University
- AIPB 1.5
- This program is acceptable for 1.5 CPEC(s) towards the CB designation through the American Institute of Professional Bookkeepers (AIPB).
- Lorman Education Services is an approved provider through the American Payroll Association. This seminar is approved for 1.5 RCHs. PLEASE NOTE: To receive credit through the American Payroll Association for this program you MUST attend the program in its entirety and use the streaming option, as well as enable (and complete) the required progress checks.
- AR CLE 1.5
- This course has been approved for 1.5 hours of CLE by the Arkansas CLE Board.
- Arizona CLE 1.5
- The State Bar of Arizona does not approve or accredit CLE activities for the Mandatory Continuing Legal Education requirement. This activity may qualify for up to 1.5 hours toward your annual CLE requirement for the State Bar of Arizona.
- CA MCLE 1.5
- Lorman Business Center, LLC. is a State Bar of California approved MCLE sponsor and this course qualifies for 1.5 CLE hours of participatory credit.
- CT CLE 1.5
- Neither the Connecticut Judicial Branch nor the Commission on Minimum Continuing Legal Education approve or accredit CLE providers or activities. This course has been approved for CLE credit in jurisdictions aside from CT and therefore it automatically meets the content and delivery requirements in Connecticut. Credit is based on a 60 minute credit hour and shall be awarded as follows: 1.5 CLE credit(s).
- HI CLE 1.5
- This program was approved by the Hawaii State Board of Continuing Legal Education for 1.5 CLE credit hours.
- IL CLE 1.5
- This course was approved for a total of 1.5 hours of MCLE Credit by the Illinois MCLE Board.
- ME CLE 1.5
- This course has been approved by the State of Maine Board of Overseers of the Bar. Lawyers who complete this course shall receive 1.5 hours of CLE credit under M. Bar R. 12.
- NH MCLE 1.5
- NH MCLE does not approve or accredit CLE activities for the NH Minimum CLE requirement. Lorman Education Services believes this course meets the requirement of NH Supreme Court Rule 53 and may qualify for CLE credit(s). Program Length: 90 Minutes.
- NJ CLE 1.8
- This program has been approved by the Board on Continuing Legal Education of the Supreme Court of New Jersey for 1.8 hours of total CLE credit.
- NV CLE 1.5
- This program has been approved by the Nevada Board of Continuing Legal Education for 1.5 CLE hours.
- PA CLE 1.5
- This Distance Learning program has been approved by the Pennsylvania Continuing Legal Education Board for 1.5 hours of substantive law, practice and procedure CLE credit.
- RI CLE 1.5
- This program has been approved by the Rhode Island Mandatory Continuing Legal Education Commission for 1.5 hours of CLE credit.
- VT CLE 1.5
- This program has been approved by the Mandatory Continuing Legal Education Board of Vermont for 1.5 hours of CLE credit.
- WA CLE 1.5
- This program has been approved by the Washington State Board of Continuing Legal Education for 1.5 hours of Law & Legal Procedure credit.
- WI CLE 1.5
- This program has been approved by the Board of Bar Examiners for 1.5 hours for use toward the Wisconsin Mandatory CLE requirement.
- WV MCLE 1.8
- This program has been approved by the West Virginia State Bar MCLE Commission for 1.8 MCLE hours.
- HR Certification Institute 1.5
- This program has been approved for 1.5 (General) recertification credit hours toward aPHR(TM), aPHRi(TM), PHR®, PHRca®, SPHR®, GPHR®, PHRi(TM) and SPHRi(TM)recertification through HR Certification Institute® (HRCI®). For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the HR Certification Institute website at www.hrci.org.
- SHRM 1.5
- Lorman Education Services is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCPSM. This program is valid for 1.5 PDC(s) for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit www.shrmcertification.org.
- CPE 1.8 including Personnel/HR 1.8
- Lorman Education Services is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its web site: https://www.nasbaregistry.org/cpas/complaints. CPE Credit: Maximum Credit Hours: 1.8 each session (based on a 50 minute credit hour). You must attend at least 50 minutes to obtain credit. Field of Study: Personnel/HR for 1.8 hours. Prerequisite: . Level of Knowledge: Intermediate. Teaching Method: Seminar/Lecture. Advance Preparation: None. Delivery Method: Group Internet Based. Please refer to the information in this brochure for outline, course content and objectives. Upon completion of this course, you will receive a certificate of attendance. Final approval of a course for CPE credit belongs with each state's regulatory board. Please note: In order to receive CPE credit for this course you MUST use the streaming audio option, as well as enable and complete the required progress checks.