Leaders come to you to deal with their most pressing people issues. You rely on evidence-based practices but likely have not found effective ones dealing with toxic personalities. Until now! Dr. Mitch Kusy is a leading expert in helping organizations understand the pervasiveness of this problem and what to do about it. Intuition often proves us wrong in how to deal with these clever chameleons who kiss up to those with perceived power but knock down to those who don’t. HR professionals need evidence-based practices—not intuition! You will gain these how-to practices based on solid evidence in this webinar and come away with new HR strategies that mean business.
- 92% of employees rated the range of severity of toxic work behaviors 7 to 10 on a 10-point scale: How can HR reduce the severity of these behaviors?
- 94% of employees have work with a toxic person in the past 5 years: What are best practices for HR intervention?
- 87% reported that team climate worsened: How can HR assess team climate with a simple and innovative assessment tool?
- 51% of your organization’s top talent is likely to quit because of a toxic person: What are top HR strategies to reduce this turnover?
- 90% of your customers who witness a toxic interchange between two employees tell others: How can HR prevent the erosion of your business?
- 6% of individuals impacted by a toxic person ever filed a formal complaint: What can HR do to increase this low reporting percentage?
Who Will Benefit
- HR professionals
- Talent development professionals
- Organization development professionals
- Leadership coaches
- Create a safe, respectful work culture that impacts personal well-being and team performance
- Improve your bottom line by decreasing TOTAL compensation costs by 4% to 6%
- Decrease turnover by up to 12%
- Increase by 50% the number of individuals who report uncivil behaviors
- Identify toxic protectors and toxic buffers who enable toxic behaviors to continue
- Use new, simple recruiting practices so that toxic individuals don’t ever enter your organization
- Engage new forms of exit interviews that will stop toxic behaviors in their tracks
- Tailor your coaching of toxic individuals with templates based on whether the person is your peer, direct report, or boss.
Purpose of the webinar
According to my 3-years study of over 400 individuals, 94% of the workforce has dealt with a toxic person over the past five years. These clever chameleons not only create personal angst and get under our skin, they also cost money. How much? Up to 6% of total compensation costs! And that’s just the beginning of these costs; 51% of victims of their venom are likely to quit; 12% do. And a whopping 87% reported that team climate and performance worsened.
Scope of the webinar
referred to as narcissists, bullies, and clever chameleons who knock down, but kiss up, these clever chameleons create havoc in the life of an HR professional. Based on my newly released book, Why I Don’t Work Here Anymore: A Leader’s Guide to Offset the Financial and Emotional Costs of Toxic Employees, this webinar covers the full scope of how these toxic individuals acquire their power, what reinforces their behavior, and most importantly—how HR can help their organizations successfully deal with them.
They shame, manipulate, and belittle in public and private as their modus operandi. Working with organizational leaders, HR feels the angst they cause, but are often unaware of how prevalent they are or how much they cost—in terms of money and team performance. What can HR do to both deal with them once they are in your organization Sometimes, as well as how to prevent these Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hydes from ever entering your company?
Based on an extensive three-year national research study that Dr. Mitchell Kusy and his colleague have conducted, Dr. Kusy has traveled the world sharing not only their cutting-edge research on toxic personalities, but just as importantly—what to do about it. Dr. Mitchell Kusy’s latest book, Why I Don’t Work Here Anymore: A Leader’s Guide to Offset the Financial and Emotional Costs of Toxic Employees, shares top evidence-based practices in handling toxic personalities and creating work cultures of everyday civility that mean business—bottom line business! Dr. Kusy has become known internationally as the how-to “guide on the side” to help leaders deal with this often gossiped-about, but hardly ever acted-upon problem!
A 2005 Fulbright Scholar in Organization Development, Dr. Kusy is a professor in the PhD. Program, Graduate School of Leadership & Change, Antioch University. Mitch has consulted and has been a keynote speaker with hundreds of organizations nationally and internationally—helping create work cultures of everyday civility impacting individual, team, and bottom-line performance. He previously headed leadership and organization development at American Express and HealthPartners. Previous to his just-released book, Why I Don't Work Here Anymore: A Leader’s Guide to Offset the Financial and Emotional Costs of Toxic Employees, Mitch co-authored five business books—one a best-seller. In 1998, he was named Minnesota Organization Development Practitioner of the Year